WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers is hiring a Cloud Engineer to join our collaborative, curious, forward-looking team, to extend and manage the infrastructure of our websites and related systems. You will be supporting our onshore and offshore engineering development teams by managing our development/deployment process and technology. We are searching for a creative thinker with a passion for getting things done.
The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
The Inspire stack runs on AWS technologies, including Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, Aurora, Redshift, SNS/SQS, ALB and CloudFormation, Linux servers, and NGINX. We use GitHub to control our codebase and Jenkins, Terraform, and GitHub actions for our CI/CD pipelines. Jupyter, Airflow and other services are used by our Data Science team. AWS Sagemaker technologies (including SageMaker Studio and SageMaker Pipeline) are used for building, training and deploying ML Models. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for website infrastructure and development operations but may also participate in ML operations.
Cloud Engineer responsibilities:
- Work with engineering teams to improve our GitHub Actions and Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline
- Gain a deep understanding of our AWS development, test and production environments in order to maintain and look for ways to improve and streamline
- Use Datadog and other tools to monitor our site’s system health, performance, and data collection.
- Look for ways to improve notifications for our site’s key health metrics.
- Periodically perform site log analysis and security reviews
- Trouble-shoot production issues, coordinating with management when necessary
- Build and maintain tools to automate and streamline processes
- Assist with disaster planning and recovery; ensuring the continuity of our business no matter what happens.
- Team-oriented attitude; ready to collaborate with and assist a team of developers and infrastructure engineers.
- 5-7 years of related experience
- AWS Services – EC2, ECS, Fargate, ELB, Elasticache, Aurora MySQL, DynamoDB, IAM, S3, Lambda, Cloudwatch, API gateway, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Cost Explorer, Secrets.
- Experience with Docker and ECS.
- Experience in a programming language such as Python
- Ability to understand tools used by data scientists and experience with software development, testing and test automation
- Experience working with a US based team is a plus
- Experienced Python or Go developer
- Experience working with Linux command line tools, shell programming, and bash shell
- Experience integrating applications and tools
- Hands-on experience using Jenkins, Git and GitHub
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices
- Effective communication in person, over video, and text. Fluent in English.
- Proven experience with setup and systems administration of Ubuntu and Debian (apt-based) servers
- Experience using system health and performance monitoring services and data collection
- Log and security reviews
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
Nice to have:
- Experience using AWS services with expertise using IAM, CloudFormation, EBS, and Elastic BeanStalk.
- AWS Certifications are a plus.
- Terraform to create, update, and control versioning of cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, security and vulnerability analysis tools, penetration testing.
- MLOps experience including model versioning, model and data lineage, monitoring, model hosting and deployment, scalability, orchestration, continuous learning, automated pipelines.
You might not have experience in all of these things but should have the interest and ability to explore, learn new things, and make it work. We look forward to hearing from you!
What we value:
- Collaboration – an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
- Resourcefulness and a results-oriented approach
- Passion for growth
- Enthusiasm for working creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for the intersection of health and technology
- Empathy for patients and caregivers
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health reimbursement
- Provident Fund contribution
- Flexible Time Off