Software Engineer, Front End
Temporarily WFH due to COVID-19 • Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, India. Work from home flexible but individuals must be eligible to work in Chennai, India without sponsorship
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
At Inspire, we are connecting patients and caregivers to help our members find answers, find a community that truly understands their experiences and through empathy and support really enables human connection and empowerment that drives patient centricity. Our Engineering team develops applications and features that enable our members to easily connect on our member platform both desktop and mobile. We are currently hiring a Software Engineer (Front End) to join our collaborative, curious, forward-looking team. The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
Our new team member will:
- Developing our new website as well as extending it with new features
- Building UI components using RESTful and graphql API services.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative Agile team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Focusing on simplifying and improving our browser based applications
- Working with our Product and Design teams to understand requirements, UX, and design for new products and features
WHAT WE NEED:
We’re looking for someone who is excited to work on modern browser development with an emphasis on mobile-first, and a passion for getting things done. You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great. You also meet most of the following:
- Minimum four years of experience developing web applications.
- Experience with server-side rendering using Angular Universal express engine
- Ability to work closely with designers
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve difficult challenges
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s testable, extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTPS, WebSockets, CORS, JSON, CSS, SASS or Less.
- Experience with Karma a plus
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks like Adobe Target, Google Optimize, VWO, Optimizely, etc.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Health insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy