Temporarily WFH due to COVID-19 • Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, India. Work from home flexible but individuals must be eligible to work in Chennai, India without sponsorship
Inspire is the world’s largest and fastest growing health community. With over 10 million annual users, patients and caregivers can discover a unique type of health and wellness support. Inspire also accelerates medical progress by connecting patients with researchers and doctors working to discover breakthrough treatments.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
At Inspire, we are connecting patients and caregivers to help our members find answers, find a community that truly understands their experiences and through empathy and support really enables human connection and empowerment that drives patient centricity. Our Engineering team is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to work with a team to create the premier platform for patients and caregivers to connect with one another and support each other throughout their personal health journey.
Inspire’s technology stack includes Linux, MySQL/Aurora, AWS Lambda, Docker Containers, AWS API Gateway, Angular, TypeScript, Java Script, JQuery, and CSS. We use a wide variety of technologies with emphasis on AWS services such as DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Redis, ElasticSearch and are constantly looking to improve our systems and our members’ experience. Applicants will have the opportunity to enhance and modernize our approach. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with peer engineers and stakeholders to develop and implement solutions meeting customer requirements and timeline.
- Create technical architecture and design for web, middleware and persistence layers with well integrated endpoints.
- Effectively communicate problem analysis and design solutions and tradeoffs.
- Create proof of concepts as needed to evaluate new ideas.
- Understand security requirements and effectively secure application form threats.
- Hands-on experience in full application stack.
- Expert in design, development, methodologies, patterns, engineering best practices
- Good Understanding of RESTful and GraphQL API services and clients.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity.
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Create Architectural design documents and other artifacts to support design and development.
WHAT WE NEED:
- 10+ years of related experience in design and development.
- Strong analytical ability and design skills with expertise in application development.
- Work experience in technologies such as Python, SQL, Linux and Cloud Technologies.
- Work experience with Angular or other browser based framework.
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools and bash shell.
- Experience working with ORM technologies like SqlAlchemy.
- Experience using the different cloud service providers, especially AWS
- Experience using container solutions like Docker.
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Git.
- Comfortable working with Jenkins, or other CI/CD tools.
- Comfortable using tools such as VSCode, VIM, EMACS, TMUX, PyCharm.
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience with test automation using pytest.
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards.
- Effective communication in person, on video calls, and over text.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Strong empathy for members and passion for growth
- Collaboration – an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health reimbursement
- Provident Fund contribution
- Flexible Time Off