Senior Data Science Manager
Temporarily WFH due to COVID-19 • Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, India. Work from home flexible but individuals must be eligible to work in Chennai, India without sponsorship
Inspire is the largest and fastest-growing health-based social networking company in the world with over 10 million users. This role will work on building recommendation systems and NLP models to personalize content and recommend relevant posts for members on Inspire’s platform both on the web and our iOS app. You will be managing a team of machine learning engineers, data engineers, and data scientists to solve some of the most challenging problems in content recommendation, feed ranking, sentiment analysis, people recommendation, and many more.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work on all stages of a data science and ML project such as exploration and conceptualization, proof of concept, data preparation, model development and testing, deployment, monitoring and debugging, and continuous improvement
- Proactively partner with product and engineering teams to ensure seamless integration and productization of developed algorithms and to manage the full model cycle for business use case
- Develop and follow best practices for developing, managing, maintaining and documenting machine learning models and all related work
- Manage, mentor, and empower a team of machine learning engineers, data engineers, and data scientists
- Develop a business use case for use of data science / ML in new areas of Inspire’s platform and help prepare the development and operation plan to build an end-to-end data science / ML solution.
- Develop and follow best practices for developing, managing, maintaining, and documenting machine learning models and all related work
WHAT WE NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in delivering scalable machine learning based solutions in a big data environment with 3+ years in leading and managing teams
- Fluency in all steps of data science solution development cycle from ideation and development to delivery and maintenance
- Experience creating and managing a development team from the ground up.
- Masters in a quantitative field such as statistics, machine learning, computer science, or mathematics – you understand ML algorithms and know what it takes to build and deliver a product
- Ability to design insightful data analysis both pre and post ML model development data to establish feasibility, estimate impact, measure model performance, and validate a hypothesis
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL, PySpark, and key machine learning frameworks and algorithms using Tensorflow
- Extensive experience in deploying ML models to production in cloud based environments such as AWS
- Experience working with a US-based product team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members as well as upward and downward communication.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You get our mission and have strong empathy for the members using our products and passion for growth
- Collaboration – an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, stakeholders, and clients
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Health insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy