Director, Content Strategy
Arlington, VA – USA
Inspire is looking for a Director, Content Strategy to develop a cohesive editorial approach for the company. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing and will be responsible for working across the organization to plan, execute and measure digital content that is effective for Inspire’s audiences and builds our company brand. The Director, Content Strategy will work cross-functionally to drive ideation for original content, oversee content creation and collaborate with the marketing team on effective distribution strategies. This position will develop channel specific content and work with the team to promote and distribute it effectively.
The ideal candidate is passionate about health, medicine, the future of technology and has a strong background in building brands through digital content. In addition to having demonstrated content marketing experience, the ideal candidate will also have previous experience in email marketing and multi-channel communications planning. They will also be adept at using data to identify insights on how content is performing and building data-driven content strategies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Inspire is the world’s largest and fastest growing social network for health. With over 10 million annual users, patients, caregivers and others interested in health and wellness come together to share information and provide support. Inspire also accelerates medical progress by connecting patients with researchers and doctors working to discover breakthrough treatments. Learn more at inspire.com
- Ensure the highest standards of excellence for all content produced across the company including email, marketing materials, B2B and B2C websites and the Inspire app.
- Manage Inspire’s editorial calendar, ensuring that content across channels is effectively coordinated.
- With other Marketing leaders, create processes and a structure that lead to greater levels of effectiveness and efficiency in our content development and editorial efforts.
- Collaborate with internal content creators and subject area experts to plan, coordinate and review content.
- Manage agencies and freelancers who provide content and editorial support.
- Work with a data team to track and report on content performance.
- Manage editorial/content budget for department.
- 10+ years of experience as a content marketer or editor working for a well known brand or publisher creating compelling content, managing editorial programs.
- Experience using quantitative & qualitative data to inform, measure, and iterate on content.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, influencing and building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Collaboration and effective working relationships with colleagues
- Resourcefulness and a results-oriented approach
- Enthusiasm about working creatively in a fast-paced environment, and a growth mindset
- Passion about the intersection of health and technology
- Empathy for patients and caregivers
What Inspire Offers:
- Very competitive compensation and benefits
- A flexible work environment, with remote work option
- An innovative and collaborative work environment