We’re looking for outstanding people to join us to help Inspire grow. As a member of Team Inspire, the work you do will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of many.
We’re currently hiring for the positions listed below, but are interested in meeting talented people, regardless of specialty. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team.
Software Engineer (Front End Developer)
Location: Arlington, VA
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers, is hiring a Front End Developer to join our collaborative, curious, forward-looking team. The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Extending and maintaining complex systems involving multiple components.
- Building UI components using RESTful API services.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Focusing on simplifying and improving our browser based applications
- Developing new products and features
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are a multi-language shop that strives to use the right tools for the job at hand. We are currently using a variety of front-end tools – jQuery, Requirejs, Angular2 and 5, Vue.js, and more in some capacity. As we continue to modernize and scale our architecture we will consider the deployment of additional technologies to ensure we are using the right tools and best practices available. We are not looking for a jack-of-all-trades to work in every language under the sun, but we’re also not looking to only work in a single stack.
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in modern browser development, and a passion for getting things done. You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great. You also meet most of the following:
- Minimum two years of experience developing software
- Experience with server-generated web site templating systems (php, etc)
- Ability to work closely with designers
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s testable, extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTPS, WebSockets, CORS, JSON, CSS, SASS or Less.
- Experience with Karma a plus
- Experience with or interest in A/B testing frameworks like Adobe Target, Google Optimize, VWO, Optimizely, etc..
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- A corporate mission that benefits society
- Talented, creative co-workers
- Flexible work schedule
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients’ and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the American Lung Association, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Lupus Foundation of America, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better.”
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Apply for the opportunity to join our team by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Software Engineer (Front End Developer)” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!