We’re looking for outstanding people to join us to help Inspire grow. As a member of Team Inspire, the work you do will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of many.
We’re currently hiring for the positions listed below, but are interested in meeting talented people, regardless of specialty. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team.
Location: Arlington, VA
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers, has significant product development initiatives ahead to help drive online member growth and sales to top pharmaceutical, research, and medical device companies and their agencies. We are seeking a Product Manager in our Arlington, VA office who loves products, enjoys solving complex problems and is passionate about health.
Within Inspire, Product Managers drive product innovation. They lead the entire product lifecycle and own the business opportunity each product represents. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop the product and service strategy that supports business strategy.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned product and opportunity areas.
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, researchers, data analysts, and engineering teams to determine product strategy and prioritize the features that will bring the most value to our customers
- Manage the product development process from conception through design, build, release, A/B testing, analysis, and iteration
- Analyze data to optimize performance and focus on the product areas with the highest potential to drive usage
- Constantly questioning how we can make the product more useful for our customers
- Research/Understand competitive landscape and industry trends
- Translate product features into customer benefits and collaborate with marketing to develop messaging and positioning
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
WHAT WE NEED
Product Managers are responsible for the overall success of our product and service offerings and ensuring they align to Inspires’ broader business strategy. We are looking for a creative, team player who can help drive innovation. Our next teammate will have skills and/or knowledge that includes:
- Proven professional experience in a product management role or related field is required.
- Business acumen and proficiency with quantitative business analysis techniques.
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving.
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong UX instincts
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is preferred, however relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Advanced degrees are highly desirable
- Familiarity with advertising and understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts are strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with healthcare market preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- A corporate mission that benefits society
- Talented, creative co-workers
- Flexible work schedule
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients’ and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Genetic Alliance, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better.”
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Apply for the opportunity to join our team by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Product Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!