We’re looking for outstanding people to join us to help Inspire grow. As a member of Team Inspire, the work you do will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of many.
We’re currently hiring for the positions listed below, but are interested in meeting talented people, regardless of specialty. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team.
Full Stack Developer
Location: Arlington, VA or Telework
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers, is hiring Full Stack Developers to join our collaborative, curious, forward-looking team. The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
Inspire’s technology stack is a mix of Linux, MySQL, AWS Lambda, Docker Containers, and legacy code, along with lots of other fiddly bits you’d expect to see in a web development shop. We use a wide variety of technologies, and are constantly looking to improve our systems and our members’ experience. Applicants will have the opportunity to enhance and modernize our approach.
- Extending and maintaining complex systems involving multiple components.
- Building RESTful API services and clients.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Full stack development
- Developing new features
WHAT WE NEED
We are a multi-language shop that strives to use the right tools for the job at hand. We are currently using Go, NodeJS, Elixir, Python, Perl, and more in some capacity. As we continue to modernize and scale our architecture we will consider the deployment of additional technologies to ensure we are using the right tools and best practices available. We are not looking for a jack-of-all-trades to work in every language under the sun, but we’re also not looking to only work in a single stack.
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. Our new team member will be experienced with most of the items listed below but will also enjoy learning new things and working with a talented group of co-workers to build something truly meaningful.
- Minimum six years of experience developing software
- Understanding of multiple AWS services
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s testable, extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Proficiency in SQL, in particular MySQL/Maria/Aurora
- Familiarity with NoSQL stores (CouchDB/DynamoDB/MongoDB)
- Solid Linux experience (eg: Ubuntu, Arch, RHEL, CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like Docker, Lambda, HTTPS, SQL, HTML, YAML, JSON.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment and automated testing
— Begin SEO Keyword Buzzwords —
— End SEO Keyword Buzzwords —
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- A corporate mission that benefits society
- Talented, creative co-workers
- Flexible work schedule
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients’ and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Genetic Alliance, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better.”
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.