We’re looking for outstanding people to join us to help Inspire grow. As a member of Team Inspire, the work you do will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of many.
We’re currently hiring for the positions listed below, but are interested in meeting talented people, regardless of specialty. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Do you have a passion for computational efficiency? Does solving problems and finding new ways to efficiently extract, process and transform data to answer a variety of questions around a positive mission excite you? Then this Data Engineer role may be for you!
Inspire, the largest social network for health, is seeking a highly collaborative professional to work across functional teams and disciplines supporting the dissemination and interpretation of data across the organization. We work to connect and empower patients and caregivers while finding ways to push forward medical research. In this role, you will be a critical part of a high-profile initiative working to foster stronger networks and engagement within the member community by supporting the accuracy and reliability of our data.
Our new team member will support initiatives in Data Science and Engineering:
- Manage data storage, processing and other ETL related tasks
- Design and manage the data warehouse, including designing schemas and governing access to different resources
- Collaborate with data science and software engineering teams to structure data efficiently in the data warehouse for reporting and exploration purposes
- Catalog and manage data streams generated across the company
- Coordinate the deployment data science pipelines into production
- Manage data integration between various services and tools
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You excel in a fast-paced work environment and are excited to push the boundaries of your data skills to answer interesting questions. Our new team member will be experienced with most of the items listed below but will also enjoy learning new things and working with a talented group of co-workers to build something truly meaningful.
- 3+ years of experience programming with Python, Scala or similar language
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases
- 3+ years of experience with Git and version-control
- 3+ years of experience with working in a unix environment
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with parallel-processing; Mapreduce, Spark or Hadoop
- Solid analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to create powerpoints/slides to communicate information across the company
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to support initiatives with shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with analytical training OR an equivalent combination of education/experience in technology and operations
- Knowledge of natural language processing, statistics and machine learning techniques
- An understanding of healthcare systems, clinical trials and biomedical research
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous PTO policy (ask us about it!)
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- A corporate mission that benefits society
- Flexible work schedule
- Talented, creative co-workers
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients’ and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Genetic Alliance, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better”.
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Apply for the opportunity to join our team by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Data Engineer” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!