We’re looking for outstanding people to join us to help Inspire grow. As a member of Team Inspire, the work you do will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of many.
We’re currently hiring for the positions listed below, but are interested in meeting talented people, regardless of specialty. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Do you have a passion for data management? Does designing data structures and processes to answer a variety of questions around a positive mission excite you? Then this Data Architect role may be for you!
Inspire, the largest social network for health, is seeking a highly collaborative professional to work with cross-functional teams and disciplines supporting the dissemination and interpretation of data across the organization. We work to connect and empower patients and caregivers while finding ways to push forward medical research. You will direct the various ETL activities and lead the design of our data management systems to support the work of the Data Science and Engineering teams.; while collaborating with departments across the company to unleash our data.
Our new team member will support initiatives in Data Science and Engineering:
- Lead the management of data storage, processing and other ETL related tasks
- Lead the design and management the data warehouse, including designing schemas and governing access to different resources
- Proactively reach out to software engineers, data scientists, data engineers and product managers to develop new data management practices
- Coordinate with the data science and software engineering teams to structure data efficiently in the data warehouse for reporting and exploration purposes
- Coordinate the deployment data science pipelines into production
- Manage data integration between various services and tools
- Responsible for managing data privacy, security and integrity
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You excel in a fast-paced work environment and are excited to push the boundaries of your data skills to answer interesting questions. Our new team member will be experienced with most of the items listed below but will also enjoy learning new things and working with a talented group of co-workers to build something truly meaningful.
- 7+ years of experience programming with Python, Scala or similar language
- 7+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases
- 7+ years of experience with Git and version-control
- 7+ years of experience with working in a unix environment
- 4+ years of experience with AWS products and services
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL databases
- 3+ years of experience with parallel-processing; Mapreduce, Spark or Hadoop
- Strong project management skills
- Solid analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to create powerpoints/slides to communicate information across the company
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to support initiatives with shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, information systems or a related field with analytical training OR an equivalent combination of education/experience in technology
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP), statistics and machine learning (ML) techniques
- An understanding of healthcare systems, clinical trials and biomedical research
- An understanding of marketing, economics and sociology
- An understanding of network science or systems engineering
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous PTO policy (ask us about it!)
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- A corporate mission that benefits society
- Flexible work schedule
- Talented, creative co-workers
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients’ and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Genetic Alliance, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better”.
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Apply for the opportunity to join our team by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Data Architect” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!