Fully Remote • Remote – USA
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
At Inspire, we are connecting patients and caregivers to help our members find answers, find a community that truly understands their experiences and through this community enabling human connection and empowerment that drives patient centricity. Our Engineering team develops applications and features that enable our members to easily connect on our member platform both desktop and mobile. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to work with our Promote Product team to develop and implement high quality ad tech solutions. The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
Our new team member will:
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, microservices, and systems to support ad serving
- Conduct experiments to improve ad performance, viewability, etc
- Engineer ad solutions across our products using such as third party software such as DoubleVerify, Integral Ad Science, and Google Ad Manager
- Optimize aspects of overall page performance which impacts ad viewability.
- Building RESTful API services and clients.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing strategic ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Full stack development
- Developing new features
WHAT WE NEED:
- 5+ years of developing solutions in the ad tech space
- High levels of familiarity with Google Ad Manager (GAM) and Google Publisher Tag (GPT), in particular across desktop, mobile web, and apps with implementing new ad serving schema, troubleshooting, etc.
- Strong application development background.
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API.
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools and bash shell.
- Good experience working with ORM technologies like SqlAlchemy.
- Experience using the different cloud service providers, especially AWS
- Experience using container solutions like Docker.
- Hands-on experience with Jira, Git, Jenkins, or other CI/CD tools.
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience with test automation using pytest.
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards.
- Effective communication in person and over text.
- Familiarity with Perl/mod_perl to support ads in legacy web applications
- Experience working with Redis
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Strong empathy for members and passion for growth
- Collaboration – an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous Flexible Time Off policy (ask us about it!)
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Work from anywhere in the US